It is important to have a password that is easy to remember, but hard to guess.
Hackers can guess your password if it is a name or word from the dictionary.
The best password will contain the following:
- At least two Capital letters
- At least one lower-case letter
- At least one number
- At least two symbols (optional because we will add symbols as padding)
- Padding characters
Writing down your password is the most common security risk.
But imagining and then remembering such a password can be difficult.
Ok, here is how to make great passwords.
- Start with a really simple word or name at least 8 letters long. I will use my name: ezpzhosting
- Change two letters to symbols that look similar. Use $ for s, @ for a, ! for i, and so on: ezpzho$t!ng
- Change a letter to a number that looks similar. Use 1 for l, 0 for o, 8 for b, and so on: ezpzh0$t!ng
- Include two Capital letters, like this: EzpzH0$t!ng
- Now add some padding characters, like this: ...EzpzH0$t!ng...
Great! Now you have a password that is easy to remember, but hard to guess.
It is acceptable to make a few different passwords and reuse them for different sites and devices. Just be sure that you don't reuse your most important passwords.
Changing your password
If you know your cPanel password:
- Log in to cPanel.
- Locate the "Change Password" icon.
- Fill in the required fields.
- Click the "Change your password now!"button.
If you do not know your cPanel password:
- Login to the client area.
- Go to "Services"
- Select the service you wish to change the password for.
- Click on "Change Password".
- Enter the required information.
- Click the "Save Changes" button.